My Kind of Broadway is a 1965 album by Frank Sinatra. The album is considered at times both a studio album as well as a compilation album. It is Sinatra's forty-sixth studio album.
The album is a collection of songs from various musicals, pieced together from various recording sessions over the previous four years. Unlike the vast majority of his albums, My Kind of Broadway had several composers, the most on any other regular album Sinatra had released.
Track listing Edit
- "Everybody Has the Right to Be Wrong (At Least Once)" (Sammy Cahn, Jimmy Van Heusen) – 2:05
- "Golden Moment" (Kenny Jacobson, Rhoda Roberts) – 3:01
- "Luck Be a Lady" (Frank Loesser) – 5:15
- "Lost in the Stars" (Maxwell Anderson, Kurt Weill) – 4:08
- "Hello, Dolly!" (Jerry Herman) – 2:45
- "I'll Only Miss Her When I Think of Her" (Cahn, Van Heusen) – 2:50
- "They Can't Take That Away from Me" (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) – 2:40
- "Yesterdays" (Otto Harbach, Jerome Kern) – 3:45
- "Nice Work if You Can Get It" (G. Gershwin, I. Gershwin) – 2:33
- "Have You Met Miss Jones?" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) – 2:30
- "Without a Song" (Vincent Youmans, Billy Rose, Edward Eliscu) – 3:37
My Kind of Broadway only had one single release. The album's opening track, "Everybody Has the Right to Be Wrong (At Least Once)," was paired with the album's other Sammy Cahn, Jimmy Van Heusen song, "I'll Only Miss Her When I Think of Her." This single was released in mid-1965.
Allmusic claimed that My Kind of Broadway was filled with undistinguished performances, but "the results are pretty spectacular, but the majority of the album is merely pleasant." The album, filled with several classics and fine arrangements, but the album's settup of being a collection of several sessions made it uneven. The overall score Allmusic gave My Kind of Broadway was a three out of five stars.
My Kind of Broadway peaked at #30 on the Billboard 200 charts of 1966.
|Stan Cornyn||Liner Notes|
|Ed Thrasher||Art Direction|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://sinatrafamily.com/single-list/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Allmusic review
- ↑ http://www.allmusic.com/album/my-kind-of-broadway-r26394/charts-awards