Sinatra Sings Days of Wine and Roses, Moon River, and Other Academy Award Winners, or simply, Academy Award Winners is Frank Sinatra's fortieth studio album. Arranged by Nelson Riddle, Academy Award Winners was released under Reprise Records in 1964.
The overall focus of the songs are those that had won the Academy Award for Best Song. The album sports some of Sinatra's famous covers of songs such as "Moon River", "All the Way", and "The Way You Look Tonight". Sinatra also records new arrangements for previously recorded songs such as "The Continental" and "It Might as Well Be Spring."
Track listing Edit
- "Days of Wine and Roses" (Henry Mancini, Johnny Mercer) - 2:16
- "Moon River" (Mancini, Mercer) - 3:20
- "The Way You Look Tonight" (Jerome Kern, Dorothy Fields) - 3:22
- "Three Coins in the Fountain" (Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne) - 3:46
- "In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening" (Mercer, Hoagy Carmichael) - 1:51
- "Secret Love" (Paul Francis Webster, Sammy Fain) - 3:54
- "Swinging on a Star" (Johnny Burke, Jimmy Van Heusen) - 2:53
- "It Might as Well Be Spring" (Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein II) - 3:26
- "The Continental" (Herb Magidson, Con Conrad) - 3:14
- "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing" (Webster, Fain) - 3:22
- "All the Way" (Cahn, Van Heusen) - 3:27
Allmusic gave Academy Award Winners a three out of five star review. Allmusic claimed that the album was "charming and lively," but criticizes the album over how it "plays as a series of individual moments."
|Nelson Riddle||Arranger, Conductor|
|Philip K. Scheuer||Liner Notes|