"What Is This Thing Called Love?" was written by Cole Porter in 1929 initially to be used in the musical Wake Up and Dream. However, since this initial performance by Elsie Carlisle, the song as become quite popular and has been considered one of Porter's finer jazz standards.
- Studio recordings
- In the Wee Small Hours (1955)
- Concepts (1992)
- The Best of the Capitol Years (1992)
- Sinatra 80th: All the Best (1995)
- Frank Sinatra Sings the Select Cole Porter (1996)
- The Capitol Years (1998)
- Greatest Love Songs (2008)
What is this thing called love?
This funny thing called love
Just who can solve, its mystery?
And why should it make
A fool of me?
I saw you there, one wonderful day
But you took my heart
And you threw my heart away
That's why I ask the Lord
Up in Heaven above
Just what is this thing called love?
Other artists Edit
|Other artists that have recorded "What Is This Thing Called Love?."|
- ↑ "What Is This Thing Called Love?" at jazzstandards.com - retrieved on 8 July 2009
|<<||When Your Lover Has Gone||What Is This Thing Called Love?||Last Night When We Were Young||>>|